Ultimate Blog Challenge

Ultimate Blog Challenge
Participating in...

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Laundry - What a Chore!

Laundry is the truly neverending chore. With a family of 4, on average, I do about 10 loads a week. This is of course give or take that occasional spill on a bed or catastrophe that causes several more loads to magically appear. JOY more work!

So being a busy person, occasionally I go out to the garage for something from the freezer, storage or taking trash out (essentially some other chore). All of a sudden, I stop dead and think to myself "What is that smell?" Uh oh, laundry left in the washer that (Gasp) didn't make it to the dryer in a timely fashion.


Until recently, I felt I was the only one who this happened to. However, I've realized it happens to a lot more people out there than myself. So what is a girl to do to solve this dilemma? Well washing the clothes over is the only real option, however that doesn't always take the soured smell completely away from them no matter what type of laundry detergent I seemed to be using. Can you tell this is not a one time occurrence in my household?

Well you'd be correct in that assumption. More like a once a week type event. I did find one thing finally that takes that 'sour' odor completely out of the clothes. They come out of the dryer smelling like I only washed them once. I feel pretty lucky to have found this product. It's fairly versatile as well since it kills dust mites, deoderizes, can take nail polish out of carpet or erase permanent black marker from places it should not have appeared.

These are only a few of the hundreds of uses for this product which also ends up being eco-friendly and less expensive as well as not harmful to my family or any pets we'd have in the house. It doesn't even require a safety cap which proves how safe it is for any household.

What do you use for this dilemma? I'd love to hear your solutions. Of course if you'd like to know more about what I'm using, please feel free to leave me a comment or email me for more info.

Have a fantastic day!
Kathie

kathiehitt@yahoo.com
Our Website

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps you're washing clothes too often and the solution is to not buy into the superclean propaganda and do laundry less often.

    I have a family of three and we only do a few loads of laundry every few weeks (averaging about 1 load per week).

    People don't have to wash most clothes after a single wearing (underwear excluded), even several wearings in some cases.

    There are better things to do than spend money on detergent and spending time doing laundry.

    Enjoy life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good points to ponder. However, I don't buy into superclean propoganda as you call it. I suppose if my kids and husband would hang up their clothes when they change into pj's at night (underwear excluded) we could absolutely wash less.

    I do wash in cold and use eco-friendly detergent. It does make up for the number of washes since I buy that every other month now.

    I appreciate the input and viewpoint. I think I can agree to disagree on the parts we don't see eye to eye on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the product? I've noticed that the black ring in my washer tub is now gone after using the melaluca detergent. It had been in the washer for about three months and was gone the first week with the product. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That detergent is awesome! I use the fresh scent and the 96 load. Lasts for 2 months!!

      The product is the Solumel. I love the lemon scent one. We've been customers since 2004 so feel free to ask questions. If I don't know it, I can probably find the info for you about any of the products.

      Delete