Ultimate Blog Challenge

Ultimate Blog Challenge
Participating in...

Monday, October 28, 2013

I Do Not RUN

For those who know me, and I mean really know me, they know I am simply not a runner. Running never has, nor will ever be a sport that I indulge in or really attempt in earnest. It is at best monotonous and I always hurt far more in so many more areas after I run than any other exercise I ever do.

When I joined the gym, I worked with a trainer. I loved it. It was motivating and I had a great time going. The scheduling eventually with family and kid stuff made it almost impossible to meet as his schedule filled up. However, there was one day that he wanted me to get my heart rate up in between exercises. His favorite go to machine was the rowing machine for increasing heart rate. Someone just happened to be on the machine. He groaned then got all happy as he decided what I was going to do instead.

He snapped his fingers and said, "You can run around the building." To which I stared at him in horror and disbelief. So here I ran, holding my boobs since I had definitely not worn even close to enough support for my DD’s to attempt running. Back in the training room he is not getting why I’m pissed. I asked him one simple question, “How many bras does your girlfriend wear when she runs?” She is not a DD. She is nicely built but not close to DD. He said “Two I think.” Comprehension quickly dawns on his face now as he realizes why I was so pissed. I said “I joined a gym for a reason and that was not running. If I wanted to run, I would be out running and not spending the money on a gym membership.” He apologized profusely and never made me run again. I bet he’s probably thought twice about ever again making another female run.


Humorous or not, this t-shirt sums it up perfectly. If you ever, and I mean ever, see me running then you had better run as well. Because if I am running, that means something that has scared me beyond all reason is chasing me and I am running away from it. That should make everyone extremely afraid.


What exercise do you enjoy? I know a lot of people who love running, so I am certainly not trying to say it is not a good exercise. It is simply not an exercise I would do myself. 

Comments and/or Questions are Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment