Ultimate Blog Challenge

Ultimate Blog Challenge
Participating in...

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sundays ~ Day of Rest

Today is Sunday, a day of rest. This is what I have heard all my life and what I have been told. I am not sure who gets to rest though. Maybe those who are watching football or catching up on their favorite books or tv shows.

For a busy Mom it seems that Sunday is a day for the rest of everything that did not get done during the week to get caught up on. The rest of the laundry, the rest of the housecleaning, the rest of the cooking for the week, the rest of the bills to be paid, and the list is endlessly growing. At least it is for this Mom.


I don’t think it is just me either. How did we get to the day of rest and not actually get to ‘rest’? I try to do a load of laundry at least every other day, yet I still find myself catching up with the rest of the laundry on the weekend.

I try to get as much done every afternoon when I get home from work as I can but I still seem to have the rest of everything else to do on the weekend. Sometimes I feel like going back to work on Monday is almost a vacation from all the ‘rest’ I got on Sunday.

How do you carve out true ‘rest’ time where you can relax and have some “me” time? Do you do this during the week or on the weekend? I try to plan one day a month at least where I go either to get my hair or toenails done as my own personal treat. What I would really love right now is a nap I think. As a busy Mom, please share your personal strategies on how to get it all accomplished without ending up completely frazzled on Sunday evening.

Questions and/or comments are welcome. 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the little picture. This sounds exactly like my day today. Saturday was nuts and so everything ended up on today plus I had 3 separate groups of company! Crazy. I didn't get to rest today. Sad. Normally I rest during the Bengals game when I insist that everyone leave me alone and not talk to me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have the tv to myself for an entire game like that. 2 hours at the minimum of uninterrupted time while at home would be heavenly. I am finally going to bed now. Some days I feel like I do more in the 2 hours after the kids go to bed than I do all day on the weekend or nights during the week. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete