Ultimate Blog Challenge

Ultimate Blog Challenge
Participating in...

Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Itching Hour

It never ever fails that when I end up outside, I end up mosquito food. I detest Off spray but end up using it quite often to keep from being one big mosquito bite. I know I am not the only one to suffer this consequence, but it is frustrating nonetheless.

I am not sure what makes me the tastiest morsel of the human smorgasbord that is often surrounding me. Yet I seem to be the only one smacking the blood thirsty creatures from me. If it is a biting insect and I am around, you can pretty well bet I am going to be bitten.

It certainly does not help the matter that when bitten, the area swells to about 10 times the normal size of what it was. My Mom took me to a dermatologist in high school for acne as well as the scar tissue from these type of bites. The dermatologist took one look at a fresh bite and said, “Oh you are allergic to the bites which is why they leave scars. The pigmentation collects where the bite is, you need to keep from scratching.” Easier said than done, she mutters while bathing in calamine lotion and oatmeal bath.

This brings me to my last point. While attending a wedding outdoors on a past weekend, I was bitten by mosquitos several times. I treated all 10 bites before bed. For some ungodly reason, I woke up around 4 am in the morning to all 10 bites itching simultaneously. This woke me up from a sound sleep mind you. I am now officially naming this time ‘the itching hour’ since this is not the first time that has happened to me. I had to get up and treat every bite with anti-itch cream to be able to go back to sleep. Forgive me for a bit of crabbiness over this issue.

Have you had any experiences with something similar? I am probably not the only one, but this is certainly not anything I would wish on anyone under any circumstances.

Questions and/or comments are welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment