Ultimate Blog Challenge

Ultimate Blog Challenge
Participating in...

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Witness Protection Program: Blanket Police


As the darkness gets longer and the days grow cooler, I often find myself snuggled into bed. When the alarm rings and I stick a toe out to test the air, I tend to snatch it back quickly shivering slightly since the air is colder than my warm toasty covers. So I can very well relate to the picture above and allow the blanket police to keep me behind blanket bars as long as they would like.

I love Fall and the nice cooler days and evenings. Especially here in Texas where it tends to be much warmer and humid for most of the year even during what we call the winter months. I tend to be a night owl and find myself struggling to get up in the morning even when I do get enough sleep. However, add coolness in the air with nice warm snuggly blankets, trying to get out of bed in the morning becomes exponentially harder.

When the temperature falls to in the 40’s and lower consistently, since I tend to be up first, I will run to the thermostat and crank up the heat for when the kids get up to dress. Then I will dash into the bathroom and turn on the small heater in there and hop into a hot shower. This keeps the teeth chattering to a minimum until I can toss on a sweater and other warm clothes for the day if it is going to be cool the entire day. This tends to be the other problem in Texas. You can start at 30 degrees in the morning, then it could be 80 in the afternoon so if you dress for 30 you are going to be melting in the afternoon.

Do you have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning? What do you incorporate in your morning routine to make getting up and getting moving easier?


Comments and/or questions are Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment